Thursday, March 13, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom!

So today is Mom's birthday.  My heart has been a bit heavy today, well for the past week.  I feel like our world has been turned upside down.  I caught myself calling my Mom this week when I felt frustrated about something.  Without realizng it I heard the phone ringing, thinking she would answer any moment.  Her voicemail message came on and all I could do was cry.  I miss her.  I miss her voice.  I missed calling her today to sing Happy Birthday with my children.  She would have been 63 today.  I miss that I would usually go get her when I was in Utah, take her to lunch or make lunch at my house.  I miss that I can't see her or hear her.  I just miss her.  But as I went for my morning walk with a dear friend, and the sun shone on my face, I thought she would have loved this day.  The clear blue skies, the sunshine, her flowers peeking through the soil, and she would have loved her birthday today.  So a very Happy Birthday to my beautiful mother, who is celebrating with her Mom today.  I hope they have had a beautiful day enjoying time together and maybe a bit of sunshine.

 
 
To all of those who still want to follow our blog, we will be updating with the talks and pictures from her Funeral in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment