Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Mom Memories for a Chemo Morning

For Mom's Chemo Days we thought we would post some of our favorite memories with Mom so she can read them during the day.
Our first installment of memories are from Alisa and Amelia.

Alisa: One of my favorite memories of Mom was when she would read to us.  I loved the stories from the Friend Magazine.  She has such a great voice for reading out loud.  She would sit on the floor and we would sit by her and on the couch above her.  I loved listening to Mom read to me. (Picture seven little kids positioning to see the stories, she read to us all the time)

Amelia: I remember how mom would make our birthdays so special with it automatically becoming our special day and I just remember how special I felt on my birthday. I also remember special days. we would get the bear on our plate at meals and we would get to say the prayers at meals and go places with her. I loved my special day.

Yesterday as I was driving her home from getting her port I asked if she wanted to listen to oldies on the radio. I remember knowing all the oldies songs because that is what we listened to when we were in the car. I love listening to the oldies still to this day.

 I remember her teaching us how to play jacks. She was so good and I couldn't figure it out for the longest time of how to do as well as her. I don't think I've figured it out yet.

 I remember how excited she would get about BYU games and it was fun to see her so excited about it. She is a true BYU fan and even though I like BYU I feel she has passed her excitement on to me. I get excited when they do well and sad when they don't do well.

 So last year mom and I went to the mall shopping and she talked me into getting my favorite perfume. It's usually me that talks her into stuff but she seemed to do it to me that day and I've never regretted it.
I remember having so much fun dressing up in her clothes and feeling so pretty with them on. I went to the Temple a few times with her and I loved it. I remember flannel board stories. She had a flannel board story for everything. I loved it!!

I love how mom continually was teaching all of us the gospel in our every day lives. She didn't even let us say shut up or anything neg. growing up.

I had the chance to travel to Arizona with mom. It was her first plane ride which was awesome for me even though I know she didn't like it very much. It was fun to travel with her and I wish we could have done it more. It was fun to spend a week with her in Arizona and see her face as she saw things for the first time.  

 She is such a great mother, friend and person that anyone that has met her loves her and feels her love for them. She has such a strong testimony that radiates from her.

 I have one more memory. Every time I went to see her at the Library she wanted us to meet everyone she works with. She is so proud of all of us. I know sometimes we don't think we are great but in her eyes were are everything to her and she wanted to tell the world about us. She did the same with all the grand kids. She still continues to show us off. We have such a great mom and we have all been so very lucky to always have her around and willing to help us. Just as Breanne said we each have a piece of her within us. The Lord truly has blessed us with one of his choicest spirits to be our mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment